In partnership with the Nova Scotia Health Authority and Mental Health Commission of Canada, this e-Mental health initiative will introduce and expand a suite of e-Mental health treatment options and resources. These virtual tools will be available to all Nova Scotians, free of charge – providing immediate and critical access for those experiencing mild to moderate mental illness.
This means that depending on a patient’s needs, they could access customized treatment modules, virtual care consultations, weekly video meetings with a therapist, practice tools and more.
Introducing these technology-based solutions will help ensure the right tools are in place to support all Nova Scotians, including youth and frontline healthcare teams before they reach a critical stage.
- reducing wait times;
- offering same-day access to care;
- preventing escalation of common disorders;
- identifying and treating early onset disorders;
- removing language barriers and stigma;
- offering patient anonymity; and
- providing 24-7 access in rural and underserved areas.