Unapologetic about our aspirations to transform health care for patients from across Atlantic Canada and beyond.
We are committed to creating meaningful and measurable impact for patients and families. That’s why we have set our sights high with three, focused strategic directions to take us forward to 2025.
1. We Are Agents of Change; inspire unparalleled support for health care in Nova Scotia and beyond.
By leveraging our We Are campaign, we will elevate the next generation of the QEII Health Sciences Centre and make key health system investments to improve access to care, recruitment and retention, and patient outcomes. In 2022, we:
- Launched a $100-million campaign and have already raised over half of our goal.
- Celebrated a $20 million gift – our largest to date – to help transform cancer care.
- Completed funding for a new orthopaedic surgical robot, Canada’s second only of its kind.
2. We Are Influencers; own our role as leaders and partners.
By bringing communities and partners together, we can identify new ways forward on pressing healthcare issues. In 2022, we:
- Have developed cases for support for various pillars of care including mental health, cancer care, and rehabilitation.
- Have been working lockstep with key healthcare leaders within Nova Scotia Health, especially Research and Innovation, to ensure their priorities are our priorities.
- Are developing new ways of participating and growing internally and have implemented a new EDI strategy.
3. We Are Innovators; embrace new approaches and innovations in health care.
By expanding our thinking, we can imagine new models of healthcare delivery including population health and social determinants of health, while remaining committed to funding acute care needs. In 2022, we:
- Successfully moved forward with one priority in mental health to increase access to care, with collaboration already underway for more work and advancement.
- Have identified transformational projects in surgical innovation and cancer care that have systems-level impact.
- Have researched various industry benchmarks and are implementing how we track and measure our success and efficiency as an organization.